Saturday 6 April 2013

The Libster Award... Oh wait, that's Liebster

First of all, apologies for not posting in over a year. I'd like to say I've been too busy, but I think it's more that I haven't had anything to write about, and the fact I never get around to doing anything. But I'm here now, I really will try to post more often- I mean it this time!
My lovely friend Sarah recently nominated me for the Liebster Award, which, as I understand it, is in no way an award at all. But that didn't stop my excitement when I initially thought it was called the "Libster" award, which was my self-appointed nickname that didn't catch on when I was 11. In fact, it was my email address for a good 5 years before I realised it might not give the best impression to prospective universities, and as I learned during the French Exchange, it is also easily mistaken for lobster...

Anyway, after that rather rambly introduction, I've decided to shamelessly steal Sarah's introduction to this "award":
"Basically, the 'award' gets you to write 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions set my your nominator, and then nominate 11 people yourself and give them 11 new questions. As you may know, I did a '10 facts about me' sort of post when I started on the bloggersphere, but I suppose my life has changed a bit since then."And it's still relevant because, having copied her before, I also did a "10 facts" thing when I started so it's not just laziness... honest!


Facts about me:

1. Me and my sisters are so far apart in age that when my baby sister Tilly is 15, I'll be 30, and the middle child Jemimah will be 24. How's that for scary?

2. I am currently obsessed with Mumford and Sons "Babel" album, probably too much.

3. At the moment, me and my friends are such suckers for punishment that we go weekly to a "Fab Abs" session in which we are regularly laughed at by the instructor. Yes, it is as encouraging as it sounds.

4. Next year, if all goes according to plan, I will be studying in a little place beginning with O and ending in xford! (I don't like telling people, but if you're reading this,- wait, is anyone actually reading this?)

5. My boyfriend, despite being only slightly a nerd, (love you!) is in a screamo band, From Her Eyes. Okay, that wasn't really my fact, but it'll do.

6. I'm scared of ducks. Not the little cute ones, the imposing, intimidating, overly confident ones, like this:



Doesn't that just strike terror in your heart? No? Just me? Okay.

7. I'm running out of things to say and I'm only on 7. (Does that count?)

8. I've decided it does count.

9. Linked to no. 6, duck is probably my favourite meat, especially shredded in pancakes. *goes into raptures just thinking about it*

10. I'm ashamed to say I really like Glee, and I even watched The Glee Project avidly. I also love Top Model programmes, and me and my sister are now pros at criticising pictures.

11. I'm doing English Lit. in uni but I love Maths more than is normal and worry that I might be that person who does extra-curricular Maths because I'm just that cool...



Sarah's Questions:

1) What is your most embarrassing memory?
I don't know if it's the most embarrassing, but getting trampled in the Maths corridor in year 8 is always a fun story so we'll go with that. Ooh or maybe asking "which half" in response to a sign advertising "half a lamb". Ooh ooh or trying on boots and putting them on the wrong feet but only realising after putting both on and trying to walk around. Okay, I'm just quite an embarrassing person...


2) Cats or dogs?
I'm allergic to cats, so dogs. But having said that, I think I prefer cats' personalities; my dog is so chilled she's basically a cat anyway.


3) W0uld you rather freeze to death or be burnt alive?
Definitely freeze. Just the thought of burns makes me shiver. Ew.


4) What is your favourite book?
Probably one of the Narnia books, but I can't decide which! And it's not similar, but I also love 1984.


5) What is a fact no-one knows about you?
I don't know if there is one... but I don't think many people know that me and my friend used to climb around our church and jump down from the balcony and climb back up. It's not that high though, and we never broke anything, ourselves or otherwise, so it's all good!


6) If your last ever meal was a pizza, what toppings would you order?
Meat. Lots and lots of meat.


7) Would you rather be an anxious genius or a carefree 'simple-minded' person?
Definitely a carefree simpleton.


8) Would you rather be deaf or blind?
Probably deaf, but I'd rather not be either if at all possible...


9) If you had to speak another language for the rest of your life, what language would you choose to learn?

Either French (already part-way there) or Cantonese, so I could actually talk to my family.


10) Mac or PC?
PC. Words can't describe how much I hate Apple.

11) What is your favourite word?
Myriad. Or superfluous. Or propitiation. Okay, I don't really have a favourite, but there are lots of good words out there!


I don't really know anyone who has a blog and hasn't already being nominated by someone (*cough* Sarah *cough*), so there doesn't seem much point in me coming up with my own questions, but if you read this and have a blog and fancy proving me wrong, comment and I'll think of some. 

Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment